White Bean Dip with Rosemary and Lemon
Yields ~2 cups
1, 15-ounce cans of white beans such as cannellini or great northern beans
1-2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2-3 tablespoon lemon
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Thoroughly rinse the beans in a colander to remove excess sodium.
2. Place garlic cloves in food processor and pulse until finely minced.
3. Add rinsed beans, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the food processor. Puree until smooth.
4. Add fresh minced rosemary and lemon zest and pulse the food processor a couple of times until seasonings are well incorporated.
5. Cover and place in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the flavors blend. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a 1 week.
Makes about 6 Servings
3 Pita Round
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Salt and Chili Powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split pita rounds in half and make 6 rounds. Stack the rounds one on top of the other and cut into 6 wedges.
- Spread wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- As soon as pita chips are removed from oven, season with salt and chili powder, let cool and enjoy!